Wednesday, August 01, 2007

hard worker


The body is a strange and wonderful thing, but when it gets tired the brain gets confused over its conflicting messages. The thunder rolled through this morning, and my brain dimly perceived that it was a good thing to continue sleeping. I did. Later, my bladder urgently prodded my brain, insisting it attend to that bodily function. The brain demurred, or was it the rest of the body? "Don't move," someone crooned seductively. "Get up!" asserted the bladder. "No, sleep on," purred my gentle friend. "Get UP!" shouted the bladder. I listened to this argument for some time in a semi-amused semi-comatose state.

Finally I got up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lordy I have to listen to this argument almost every night! If I don't get up, sure I'll fall back asleep but then I'll dream that I actualy go to the bathroom. Fortunately, I've never woken up...well...um...you know.... relieved? :-)