Friday, November 11, 2005

names & numbers

I’ve been making up little things to do to help get me through my recent bout of depression. I used to carry my camera with me everywhere but suddenly or gradually, I don’t remember, I stopped taking pictures. So now I’m picking it up again a little at a time. Baby steps. Since I don’t have much enthusiasm or creativity right now, I just started shooting what was in front of me, and I’m amassing a collection of address numbers painted on the curbs in my neighborhood. This photo is a one-of-a-kind color combination (so far).

Another idea I had was to list all the nicknames used by Sawyer on “LOST”. I’ve been giggling at them since the day he called Sayid “Mohammed”. Being lazy, or cheap, or clever, I circumvented the necessity of spending money on the Season One DVD and found my project in progress at several LOST chat sites. So I filtered through the discussions and came up with a composite list. I don’t attest to its accuracy or completeness. I also added a few references and links.

KATE
Freckles
Sassafrass
The Mighty Huntress
Woman
Boar Expert
The Belle of the Ball
Sweetheart
Sweetcheeks
Naval Gazing no-fun mopey type

JACK
Doc
Dr. Quinn – Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
Dr. Do-Right
Jackass
Hero
Saint Jack
Cowboy
Chico
Jacko
Brother
Hoss
Cracker

SAYID
Mohammed
Abdul
Omar
Ali
Al-Jazeera
Boss
Genius
Captain Falafel

MICHAEL
Daddy
Mike (he’s the only one who calls him Mike)

WALT
Short Stack
Short Round – Indiana Jones & Temple of Doom
Opie - The Andy Griffith Show
Tattoo – Fantasy Island - “de plane, de plane”
(some argued it wasn’t Tattoo but instead was Gazoo – the little green genie from The Flintstones)

JIN
Mr. Miyagi – the Karate Kid
Bruce – Bruce Lee
Sulu – Star Trek
Kato – Green Hornet

SUN
Betty

HURLEY
Lardo
Stay-Puft - marshmallow man from Ghostbusters
Pork Pie

CLAIRE
Pregnant Girl
Mamacita
Missy Claire

BOONE
Metro
Boy
Thief

CHARLIE
Sport
Reject from VH1 has-beens
Limey little runt
Has been pop star
MTV has-been


Baby AARON
Baby Huey – comic book duck

MICHAEL & JIN
Han and Chewy - Star Wars

SHANNON
Sticks
Princess

MR. EKKO
Shaft
Mr. Ed – the talking horse

ANA LUCIA
Cupcake
Rambina - Rambo
Ponce de Leon – fruitless exploration to find the fountain of youth

What he calls the “bad guys”
ETHAN -Jungle Boy
PIGGY – the boar
GUY ON BOAT that took Walt - Bluebeard
AUSSIE COP – Croc Hunter

No comments: