Thursday, May 24, 2007

dark skies

Phoebe's been waking me up early this week while it's still dark outside. I'm used to getting off work when it's dark, but not used to getting up before it's light out. It's been overcast as well, so I can't get any sense of the time of day by looking at the sky. My internal clock is out of sync with the world. It's hard to get going first thing in the morning. Most places don't open until 10 and outdoors the mosquitoes eat me up when I venture out this early. It's nice to have your routine shaken up a bit but I'll be glad to get back to my old schedule. I am not a morning person.

Here's a shot of the old pharmacy in downtown McKinney with its rotating mortar and pestle. Not as nice as the old Raven pharmacy in Oak Cliff (Dallas), but a cool sign just the same. Can you tell what time of day it was? It was shot about 10am on a sunny day, but this side of the street was still in shade. It's pretty similar to what the sky looks like right now.

I switched from art to home repair the last few days. That protestant work ethic just won't leave me be.

2 comments:

Royce Addington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Royce Addington said...

Fifi...Your blogs are an artistic feast! Love the old sign. Reminds me of the Panhandle town of Miami, Texas where some of my relatives have lived for the last 110 years! Wide open spaces!!!

Thanks so much for visiting Mystical Quill and leaving a comment about my collage. I appreciate it.

I'll be back here to enjoy your work!