Sunday, June 03, 2007

butterflies

We had a day off from the thunder- storms but they returned with a vengeance this morning. The butterflies took advantage of the sunshine yesterday to browse amongst the weeds and flowers in our garden. This is a Pearly Crescentspot, Type A, I think.

We've got 4 or 5 whopper-sized tomatoes on our vines, as well as several dozen cherry tomatoes. I've been taking 2 or 3 cherry tomatoes in my lunch every day but am looking forward to the day when one of those whoppers ripens. "What would life be without home-grown tomatoes?" as Guy Clarke wrote in one of his songs.

We're expecting company this week, our first out-of-town guests. They haven't seen the house yet so I've been stashing stuff in the closets and tidying up the cans of paint and joint compound so that it looks more like our home than the construction site it usually resembles.

3 comments:

lee said...

Nobody where I live ever plants anything until May longweekend, due the fact that they still could freeze, must be nice to have garden things early in the year

Marcia said...

We have to plant early because by the end of June the heat will be killing off most of the edibles. I really wish spring would last just a little longer.

lee said...

Thanks for the offer of the digital image, I would love it. I didnt know your email address so I wrote here. My email address is
leekrek@yahoo.com. Thanks ever so much,