Friday, June 01, 2007

Studio Friday: RE-Cycle


This is a no-brainer for me. The majority of the paper I use in my collages is recycled. When people clean out their offices at work I'm there scrounging for paper samples, cards, anything that looks interesting. I pick up used lottery tickets and bottle caps when I'm out walking. In this corner on my workspace are some good examples of things I use, which include clippings from catalogues and old magazines, receipts, price tags, paint chips, and leftover wallpaper from a home remodel project. I save boxes, too, to house my clippings. Part of this is because I like to save money, but as long as I can remember I've clipped and saved pictures or articles that I liked. When I started collaging I realized I could actually use some of those things instead of hoarding them.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I do the same thing. It is amazing how much fabulous paper is out there for the taking!
:) Abbie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, baby! Isn't that the BEST thing about collage? ANYTHING goes! :-)