Monday, August 01, 2005

chocoholic


My boss rewarded me with yesterday with a lovely & luscious chocolate-covered pretzel fresh from Pennsylvania. I think some of my most favorite chocolate comes from Lancaster County, which is Amish country, between Philadelphia and Gettysburg. Forget Hershey! The Wilbur Buds from Wilbur Chocolate Company in Lititz will make you sneer at Hershey kisses, which are after all a gimmick: colorful foil with paper pull tabs. I'd rather have unwrapped chocolate that tastes like chocolate. There are many small shops in Southern Pennsylvania who will, if you order in advance, dip chewy freshly baked pretzels (another local specialty) in dark chocolate, producing the most delectable combination of salt & sweet.

Another specialty, Whoopie Pies, are so sweet your teeth rot before they even hit the surface, but that's another story.

No comments: