Thursday, April 05, 2007

Reign O'er Me

Here's another page using the same "little princess" image posted in yesterday's blog. I finally found my rubber stamps and had to start stamping. I found my stamp pads a month or so back, but for some reason the stamps weren't packed with them. They were in the one box I hadn't expected, of course. We were having a tremendous rain which we badly needed and I ended up stamping hearts for raindrops.

We have a lot to do at work this week so I have to sit at the computer for long periods. I have been searching for some new podcasts to enliven the drudgery and last night came across Anton Peck's ARTCAST. It's a podcast about using Photoshop as a painting tool. He reveals a side of Photoshop I didn't realize was there. This is great for me because I Know Photoshop. I work with it every day, but what I do is photo-related not drawing-related. I've tried to do things in Illustrator, but I just can't get the hang of the program and always quit in disgust. Anton's demonstration was a bit slow, but I think that's a good thing if you haven't seen Photoshop used this way. He comments on his site that some folks are calling him the "new Bob Ross" which gave me a chuckle because I don't remember hearing Bob ever say "what the hell". (There's no other profanity, by the way.) His soft-spoken narration is easy to listen to, and I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the series.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

This is lovely, I really like how you've done the background.