Thursday, February 08, 2007

tired

We're finally back to eight-hour days at work after about 6 weeks of nonstop overtime. Plus there were the weekly drives to Dallas to work on the other house. I thought I'd be less tired this week but I'm not. So I've done the logical thing and increased my caffeine intake. On top of the pot of chai tea I drink every morning I've added a shot of instant coffee courtesy of my mom. It's not "real" coffee but it does the trick. It's probably a good thing I don't have any decent coffee beans lying around or I'd be drinking pots of that instead of the tea.

I've continued listening to "Drugs and Behavior", the Psch 119 class from Berkeley, and one of the ideas that's been emphasized is that the only difference between a poison and a medicine is the dosage. Any plant stimulant (like tea or coffee) that you ingest is "poison". Part of the class centers on the metabolic effects of poisons and how we build tolerances to them. All I can say is I'm going to have a whopping headache when I disengage from my excessive use of caffeine.

No comments: