Wednesday, February 28, 2007

archeology

Friday before the wind and dust set upon us I played archeologist out in the back yard. A dilapitated shed was removed before we ever saw the house and the number of rusty nails, nuts & bolts, pieces of broken glass and china seems unending. Apparently someone also used the area as their personal dump. There are remnants of an old carpet (only the stringy parts remain) and partially decomposed pieces of clothing and innumerable pieces of shredded plastic, probably bags or sheeting. I've also been told there was once a barn and a chicken coop somewhere on the block so there may be parts from those buildings. I keep hoping I'll find something cool, like an old medicine bottle or interesting buttons or maybe a tin can stuffed with money that hasn't dissolved. Yeah, for cash I think I'll keep on digging.

No comments: