Friday, March 02, 2007

don't believe everything you hear

Yesterday the dj on the "oldies" radio station said it was "National Wear-a-Smile Day". Now, I'd never heard of this special day but it got me to thinking about the point of it. It seemed like one of those pointless redundant type themes concocted by some ad agency solely for the purpose of selling greeting cards. Why designate one particular day for this event? Is it because the majority of people do NOT wear smiles? Do people need to be compelled via a designated day that they must wear a smile? Will those folks who are depressed or angry flash a fake smile because of this day?

I don't know, but it was a good excuse to display this photo I took while practicing backlit macro shots. My eyes are so bad I can't seem to focus the lens properly. Oh, for a pair of glasses that would focus my eyes and not fall off my face. That would make ME smile.

By the way, I googled "wear-a-smile day" and could find no mention of it.

No comments: