Friday, June 10, 2005

friday



Finally the weekend arrives. I have so many projects I don't know where to start! In addition to my art projects I have to replace a doorknob my mom destroyed. I don't know how she breaks so many things that seem to be relatively durable. A curse of old age?

Next week I'll be working 9-hour shifts so I'm going to start getting tired soon.

Freelancer "A" is going to stay with us for 3 weeks and then go to her new permanent job elsewhere. We will be stuck with "Prince Charles" the megalomaniac. Someone asked the boss how he could even think about hiring a person that no one wants to work with - I guess he feels he has no other option. The job market is bad, it's true, but it's mainly a bad attitude that keeps this moron unemployed.

Both air conditioners in the scanning/proofing room malfunctioned yesterday. The temperature got up to 89 degrees and the new proofing machine went haywire. We got it down to 87 and were able to use the equipment. The air conditioner leaked 5-10 gallons of water per day into our work area last summer which we caught in a big trash can and emptied throughout the day. We can't do anything because the building belongs to the customer we're contracted to so it's their responsibility to fix it. The head of their production department has finally got angry at the building crew because our malfunctioning equipment means their proofs arrive late.

No comments: