Tuesday, March 20, 2007

barbarians at the gate

Another recent page from my art journal. I'm taking some advice from The Image Doctors to help me out of my creative rut, which is to not take my collages so seriously. I have quite a few clippings of images that I like but I don't use them because I tell myself I've got to save them for some imaginary future masterpiece. I can't see me creating a masterpiece if I never practice so I'm trying to be more spontaneous and just put together elements that attract my eye without worrying too much about it being a "masterpiece." If I'm not having fun, what's the point of doing it?

A video of Hillary Clinton superimposed onto an old Apple Computer ad has popped up on YouTube. The original Apple ad aired only once, during the 1984 Super Bowl. Here it is. And Here is the rather clever take-off on the ad. Note that the hero in the clip is now wearing an iPod.

I know who I'M voting for!

No comments: