Saturday, March 24, 2007

blogging frontiers

Ok, I went & got my blog listed on the Delightful Blogs website. Thank you, Lynda, for featuring my blog. I don't know why I did it; I guess I just crave fame. Ha. Or at least attention.

I've used writing as a means to keep myself sane for a good part of my life, filling spiral bound notebooks with pages of drivel, writing a weekly music column for a local Bulletin Board (back in the day), doing research papers for college classes and co-authoring a genealogical history on my mom's family. Blogging seems to be the latest means of exercising my writing muscles, but sometimes I need a little kick in the pants to keep from slacking off and I thought if I think the blog is public I might be more likely to keep it up.

Here's a collage I did last night after reading yesterday's post by Tommy Kane. He described the creative process for his illustrations of the day wherein he picked up on things that he happened to run across, added some seemingly silly words, and came out with an integrated whole that was more than the sum of its parts. I decided to pick up a couple of piles of magazine clippings I have laying about and just pull out pieces until I got a composition. I also added silly and serious words with clippings and a gel pen and added some color with crayons. I was pleasantly surprised at the result. Practice is good for collage as well as for writing.

1 comment:

kane said...

Your collage came out great.